Dark City

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Looking For A Ship

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Demetrios

PostSubject: Looking For A Ship   Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:26 pm

Demetrios (and a number of his 'friends') stood on the docks, casting an eye around for a ship, or rather, a ship's captain, with whom he could strike a deal. The Mafia needed carriers, and by ship was a better way than many, particularly if the crew didn't mind carting some shadowy goods in return for a decent pay out.

Deciding to do the work himself so it would 'get done right', Demetrios was scouting out a contact. The group were intimidating enough that common criminals and trouble makers gave them wide berth, and in itself it was a test; the Captain with the balls to approach them would more likely have the necessary steel with which to do buisiness with the Mafia.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sandii

PostSubject: Re: Looking For A Ship   Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:11 pm

Crashing though the waters came Sandii's ship 'Vengeance' It stopped at the dock's side and the ropes were tide. The crew dispersed for a night of drinking and Sandii was the last to get off the ship beside the ships look out for tonight. She walked along the dock glancing at the mafia men with a raised eyebrow.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Demetrios

PostSubject: Re: Looking For A Ship   Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:40 pm

Demetrios did not speak, but neither did he need to. The cold, calculated silence the men maintained despite the fact it was drinking hour at the dockside meant that everything around them seemed unnaturally still. Seeing a female captain glance their way, Demetrios locked eyes on hers, and something absolutely minute in his expression changed, and somehow now, he looked more approving.

As it was, without any obvious communication between them, one of the men at the forefront of the vanguard beckoned Sandii over - she would fill the profile, if she chose.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sandii

PostSubject: Re: Looking For A Ship   Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:30 pm

Sandii walked over to them wondering what the hell they would want. She hand a hand on her gun just in case, better to be safe the sorry. She stopped just out of reach. "What is it ya want?" She asked as she sized each of them up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Demetrios

PostSubject: Re: Looking For A Ship   Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:37 pm

No change of expression from Demetrios, but as her hand fell to her gun, so instinctively did those of the outer core of his guard.

Demetrios finally spoke. "You captain 'Vengeance'. You are a dissenter, futhermore, a smuggler if I'm correct. What I want is to negotiate."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sandii

PostSubject: Re: Looking For A Ship   Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:49 pm

She looked at him for a few moments before laughing, "Who ever ya are getting your information from needs to be fired. I am the capt'n of Vengeance but i am no smuggler." She told him proudly. "And what would it be that ya want to negotiate about?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Demetrios

PostSubject: Re: Looking For A Ship   Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:01 pm

"Perhaps, just that."

Eyes an animalistic burning gold, Demetrios stepped forwards, his guard parting seamlessly, as if their movement as a pack was habitual by now, and he was without a doubt the alpha male.

"You're all for supporting the poor - that much is fact. 'Smuggler' was an offer. Should you care for information, at least, we should relocate to somewhere where we will not be overheard. I will promise you this - you will walk away unscathed even if you should refuse my offer. And if you agree, I will aid you in your cause. I believe you are aware I have the influence to do so."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sandii

PostSubject: Re: Looking For A Ship   Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:04 pm

She studied him looking him in the eyes as he spoke. With every blink the way his mouth moved when he talk she could tell who he was. She had always been good with reading people. "Alright lets go somewhere to talk." She said removing her hand from her gun.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Demetrios

PostSubject: Re: Looking For A Ship   Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:42 am

Two men broke away from the group, walking quickly off into the shadows, no doubt to scout the area. "If you'd be so kind as to follow me, Signora."

The outer guard moved loosely to circle her, for her protection more than as an act of intimidation. In silence, they walked. Several roads down, a ghost of a building lay. Demetrios moved ahead of the guard who went to open it for him, and instead, held it open for Sandii. "After you, Captain."

The inside of the building was furnished and well lit, quite different to it's abandoned outter demeanor.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sandii

PostSubject: Re: Looking For A Ship   Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:19 pm

Sandii bowed her head, "Thanks." She said as she passed him into the place. "So what is it ya want to talk about with mi?" she asked looking around the room. walking around slowly to size the place up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Demetrios

PostSubject: Re: Looking For A Ship   Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:35 am

Taking a seat, and offering her the same, Demetrios locked eyes with her once more, gaze discerning in the silence. After a long time of unnerving stillness, he spoke, voice a gentle blade, cutting through the air.

"I need you to retrieve something from the mid city for me. Something that requires swift and discreet transportation, with no questions asked. If you do this, I will arrange for food and medical supplies to be at the loading zone as well, which you can keep or distribute as you see fit. You will also be paid."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sandii

PostSubject: Re: Looking For A Ship   Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:22 pm

She sat in the chair crossing her legs and folding her hands in her lap. She thought about his offer, she didn't like secrets. "All I want to know is if it is something that could get mi crew killed. Is it?" she asked her crew was more important then money and suplies if it put them at risk then they had to have a chose in the matter at hand.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Demetrios

PostSubject: Re: Looking For A Ship   Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:08 pm

"Only if you get caught. If there are sentients on the prowl, then you run significant risk; as do your men. I would not ask you to decide for them - loyalty is a delicate matter."

Watching her, taking in every movement, Demetrios paused after his speech, the air heavy. Then half a lip was strained, and a canine bared in a smirk of a smile. This man had either seen something he could use to his advantage, something that amused him or perhaps... a potential threat? It was impossible to tell, but something in the atmosphere changed very subtly, the instant his eyes glowed in a more predatory manner. Indeed, the men closest seemed to pause, to tense.

Something had just happened, even if Demetrios was the only one in the room to pick up on the change.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sandii

PostSubject: Re: Looking For A Ship   Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:57 pm

Sandii noticed the change and it made her shift uncomfutably. "I'll talk to mi crew see what they have to say about it and then get back to you." she told him standing up glancing at the door. What ever had changed it made her unesay.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Demetrios

PostSubject: Re: Looking For A Ship   Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:21 pm

The second she stood, the ring of men seemed to circle her, albeit a loose circle, and there was no doubt that every single one of them was armed to the teeth. The room was silent, tense.

Then Demetrios held up a hand, the smirk disappearing and the fire in his eyes dulling somewhat. He stood, and the pack of killers seemed to lose some of their threat. Although whether that was because he'd called them off, or because in comparison to him, they were simply not on the radar, was hard to say.

Eyes locking on her own, the silence held, until his voice cut through it like a knife.

"I would appreciate it, Captain. However, as time is an issue, I must ask that you get back to me with your answer within twenty-four hours."

Then, acting the gentleman - or the gentle killer - he walked ahead of her, opening the door and holding it open for her. "You will find us here; if the answer is a negative, then there is no need to return."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sandii

PostSubject: Re: Looking For A Ship   Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:51 pm

She nodded looking around at the men. She walked to the door, "Very well then," She said as she passed Demetrios and out side. "Bye." she said waving as she walked down the rodes with her hands casuaouly in her pockets.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Demetrios

PostSubject: Re: Looking For A Ship   Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:31 pm

Demetrios watched her leave, then closed the door behind her, and said "Be ready to clean up and clear out; if there's no response, we move."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sandii

PostSubject: Re: Looking For A Ship   Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:11 am

Sandii showed up a few minuets passed 24 house. not because she was bad with time but because she never fallowed orders all the way. She wanted Demetrios to know that. She took orders but only carred them out on her own terms. She knocked on the door waiting outside with a smoke hanging between her lips.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Demetrios

PostSubject: Re: Looking For A Ship   Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:12 am

A few minutes passed twenty four hours was all it took.

They were gone.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sandii

PostSubject: Re: Looking For A Ship   Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:16 am

She waited and when there was no answer she shurgged and started to walk away. Boring runs it would have to be. She flicked her smoke to the ground and kept walking back to her ship.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking For A Ship   

Back to top Go down

Looking For A Ship
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1